Poisonous Plants And Flowers
We all know that plants and flowers are not only good to look at, but they are also useful in many ways. Some plants help in making the clean safe for living, while some are dangerous to us. While you can eat some plants without thinking twice, some are poisonous. These poisonous plants can lead to various ailments, like minor rashes. Some can also cause death.
These plants are mainly harmful to the children as they do not have developed immunity system.
Which Poisonous Plants Are Harmful To Children?
There are many beautiful flowers like roses, daisies, sunflowers and also orchids. Do you know which one of these four is dangerous? The answer is daisies. Yes! They are toxic to children. If they get in close contact with these flowers, rashes or blisters can occur on the skin.
When it comes to floral arrangements, different types of flowers are used. Among them, Cala lily, hydrangea, chrysanthemums, larkspur, and delphinium might be toxic to the children.
Poisonous Plants That Give Skin Rashes
Some plants are there, which can give you skin rashes if you touch them. For example, aster, English ivy, cactus poison ivy, sumac, poison oak are famous. Besides them, agapanthus, primrose, ficus, and clematis might lead to rashes on the skin of the kids.
Plants For Causing Various Ailments
Yes! Though plants are natural, they have the capacity to cause different ailments in human beings, especially children. Upset stomach, gas, nausea as well as diarrhea – these four health problems generally occur due to some plants. For example, pothos ivy, juniper, boxwood, and cyclamen might upset your stomach or make you nauseous. Moreover, morning glory, crocus, amaryllis, and holly are also known to lead to vomiting and diarrhea.
Poisonous Plants That Can Cause Death
Some plants are dangerous enough to cause death. These plants include
- Sago palm – If children get in contact with this plant, they can have diarrhea, vomiting, and severe headache. Some kids might also have dizziness as well as seizures.
- Azalea – All parts of this plant are unsafe for kids as they can have vomiting, coma, and also death.
- Cala Lily – If you consume this flower, your mouth will swell and burn heavily. Moreover, you can have severe diarrhea, along with stomach pain. In some extreme cases, it can cause death also.
- Hyacinth – The bulb of this plant is extremely harmful, as it can lead to diarrhea and extreme vomiting.
- Oleander – The leaves and branches of this plant are extremely toxic. They can lead to severe upset stomachs and affect the heart too. In most of the cases, people coming in contact with oleander die.
- Lantana – The berries of this plant can cause the failure of different organs simultaneously. You can also have convulsion and death eventually.
- Foxgloves – the leaves, roots, as well as stems of this plant, are incredibly fatal to human beings, particularly children. It affects the heart by making the heartbeat and pulse irregular. You can have mental confusion, as well.