Plant The White Lily
White Lily is a common flower because of its beauty and symbolic meaning in different culture. Lilium candium is the scientific name of the flower. It’s a six-petaled flower with white color and a yellow base.
White Lily flower is strongly associated with Virgin Mary’s purity in the Roman Catholicism.
Depending on the type of lily, lilies bloom from early summer to fall. To enhance blooming through the first frost to spring, bend carefully early, mid-season and later varieties of lilies to your garden.
At home, lilies can bloom in natural settings. The flowers also grow well in containers. Lilies make great cut flowers when they bloom.
Best Time To Plant White Lily
A Few Weeks Before Winter is the best time to plant lilies in your garden. Lily bulbs should be planted before the freezing temperatures.
Lilies that are planted in the autumn will have it’s roots established in spring. The cold temperatures in winter helps the plant to produce a big bloom.
Lily plants grown in containers can be planted anytime of the year.
Top Tips To Plant Lily Flowers
– Plant the lilies in well-drained soil. Water trapped beneath the soil surface will cause the bulb to rot.
– Plant directly to the sunlight. Lilies need a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight daily for effective blooming. In a shady area, the flower falls over. This is because the stem tries to lean towards the sun.
– The white lily can grow in a neutral to acidic soil. However, it performs best in the alkaline soil.
– Before planting, loosen the soil to a depth of up to 15 inches. Deep planting helps the plant to develop deep roots and a strong stem. When temperatures are extreme, deep planting cools the lily bulb.
– Plant lilies in a group of three to five bulbs to bring out a good effect to your garden.
Therapeutic Uses Of White Lily Flower
• White lily flower has a nutrient that allows the heart to function efficiently. Lily has an active viscous glycoside. The nutrients in flower minimize heart muscle irritation.
• The Lily is also rich in flavonoids which stimulate the heart arteries causing them to dilate.
• White Lily flower is used as an herbal remedy to cure therapeutic infections. The remedy treat burns to hinder the formation of connective tissue. The roots of the Lily plant are crushed to make an ointment applied around the burnt area.
• The lily flower makes herbal remedies that help at the time of giving birth especially due to weak contractions. The medication is also used to treat medical conditions such as angina, strokes, conjunctivitis, and leprosy.
• A combination of the lily flowers and roots treat spider bites. The combination is an effective diuretic and laxative.
• Lily roots manufacture medicinal teas to treat stomach disorder, fever, and coughs.
• Dried bulbs of lily are effective in treating inflammations and ulcers. The liliaceous flower softens hard tumors immediately. The bulbs juice naturally cure dropsy.
• Lily flower extract is used to manufacture different cosmetics that cure cupreous.
The name “lily” might be misleading sometimes. Some plants that aren’t true lilies use the name. Water lilies, Daylilies and lilies of the valley are not true lily plants. Therefore, it’s important to differentiate a white lily with other plants that use the same name.